Sunday, June 18, 2006

That new car smell.

I've never understood all the hubbub about that new car smell. Maybe it's just jealousy speaking, seeing as I've never been able to claim ownership of a vehicle sporting that particular smell. But 'gross' has always been the word that came to mind when I got the chance to go for a spin in a new automo. From now on, however, the first word that I'll think of will likely be 'poisonous'. This weekend's SF Chronicle reports on the chemical sources of new car smell, and while the chemical concentrations don't seem to be high enough to cause major concern, none of the stuff the article reports on is something you'd want to sprinkle on your breakfast cereal.

1 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

None of the stuff the article reports on is something you'd want to sprinkle on your breakfast cereal.

I like it! Nice way to put it. I'll have a bowl of Volvo please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home